Follow by Email

Tuesday, August 7, 2018


Quarterly Board Meeting Minutes

5-16-2018

7:00 pm, White Bear Lake City Hall

Call to order at 7PM.  Members present Dale Bacon, Steve Laliberte, Jim Grisim, Tom Merritt, Ryan Hoops, Deb Vernon and Bill Gebhart

1.      Approval of Agenda
Motion: (Grisim /Hoops) Move to approve.  Motion carried.
2.    Approval of Minutes
Motion: (Merritt/Grisim) Move to approve.  Motion carried.
3.    Treasurer’s Report
    No activity to report.
4.      Status Reports
1.      VLAWMO
a.      2017 Annual Report and Summary are out.  Jim will bring to annual meeting for members to look over.  They have a new mascot.
b.      Filtration project is waiting for BWSR approval.
c.       Ramsey County conservation district has been disbanded.
d.      Band on watering was in the news.  Seems judge, DNR and legislators are having some discussions. Bottom line restriction seems to be the same as current restrictions.
2.      Action Items
1.      Weed harvesting Bid Review and vendor selection
a.      Two bids were received.  Premier Lake Harvesting was too expensive so Aspen will be doing it again.
b.      Dale is going to look into getting a GPS system so there is better information on what was cut.  The other option is to mark off the area that we want cut with buoys.
c.       Jim is working on the permit.  Hoping to cut 6-15 to 6-30.
Dale thinks there is more milfoil in the lake.  Weeds are about six inches below the surface.  Need to contact Steve McComas at Blue Water Science. 
Harvesting vs Chemical
Costs run about $700 an acre and only treat 15%

2.      Lake Clean-up day May 19th 10-12 and boat launch open 1-3
a.      Ryan will take charge. Jim will drop off the materials.  Should get some treats for the volunteers.
b.      Keys for launch
Jim, Ryan, maybe Steve and home owner Jeff.

3.       Annual Meeting
a.      Need 10 members to have a Quorum of 15%
b.      Written notice will be mailed out by June 10.
c.    Press release has to be in the last week of May paper in Community Events section.
d.      Agenda items that have to be done at the annual meeting:
                                                                                                           i.      Elections
                                                                                                         ii.      Approval of budget
                                                                                                       iii.      Approval of projects of more than $5000

4.        Adjourn 7:50
   Motion Hoops/ Merritt. Motion carried.

Next Meeting
Annual Meeting June 20, 2018

No comments: